6 January 2021
A roundup of the news regarding the water experts that help push our industry forward for December 1-January 6.
Jake Boaz has been promoted to the role of commercial development manager at Blackbuck Resources after spending more than a year as an associate. Before joining the company in August 2019, Boaz worked as an investment banking analyst for Barclays. He holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a Master’s degree in financial management from Texas A&M University.
Randy Shaw has retired from the Bureau of Reclamation’s Brackish Groundwater National Desalination Research Facility in Alamogordo, New Mexico, where he had been the facilities manager for more than 20 years. Zachary Stoll, a research scientist with the Bureau, will take over as facilities manager in the interim. Stoll has worked at the facility since 2019 and holds a Ph.D. in environmental engineering from New Mexico State University as well as a Master’s degree in environmental science and engineering from the Colorado School of Mines.
US water intelligence platform B3 Insight is seeking to fill two positions in Denver, Colorado: product manager, to support the execution of the company’s product roadmap; and data quality manager, to ensure that the data produced by the company meets quality standards. For more information, click here.
Exterran is looking to fill several water-related positions at offices in North America and the Middle East:
- Supply chain manager (Calgary, Canada)
- Water commissioning specialist (Calgary, Canada)
- Senior manager for product and services technical sales, water solutions – oil & gas (Dubai, UAE)
- Engineer II construction, civil – oil & gas water systems (Muscat, Oman)
- Engineer II construction, controls and automation – oil & gas water systems (Muscat, Oman)
- Engineer II construction, electrical – oil & gas water systems (Muscat, Oman)
- Manager, project controls – oil & gas water systems (Muscat, Oman)
- Material handler – oil & gas water systems (Muscat, Oman)
- Operation support specialist II – oil & gas water systems (Muscat, Oman)
- Project coordinator - oil & gas water systems (Muscat, Oman)
- Senior quantity surveyor - oil & gas water systems (Muscat, Oman)
H2O Midstream has an opening for a director of health, safety, environmental and regulatory. Applicants should have at least a decade of experience in a similar role in the oil & gas industry with water knowledge preferred. Send inquiries including a resume to [email protected].
Pilot Water Solutions is seeking a Houston-based corporate development associate to lead analysis for long-term strategic planning, greenfield capital development and M&A. Candidates should have at least one year of experience in investment banking, private equity or related fields. Click here for more details about the position or email a resume to [email protected].
Rockwater Energy Solutions has several positions open across the western US including:
- Well chemical services operator (El Reno, OK)
- Regional manager (Odessa, TX)
- Production supervisor – liquid blending and emulsion polymers (Midland, TX)
Biochemicals manufacturer Solugen has several Texas and remote openings:
- Control systems/production engineer (Houston, TX)
- Senior financial planning analyst (Houston, TX)
- Senior scientist/engineer I – heterogeneous metals catalysis (Houston, TX)
- Business strategy intern (potential for remote work)
- Marketing development representative (potential for remote work)
Stantec is hiring a Houston, TX- or Nashville, TN-based subsector industrial water leader for oil, gas and chemicals. Candidates should be well versed in industrial water consulting and engineering. For more details, click here.