Terms and Conditions for Membership of the Produced Water Society
Membership in the Produced Water Society shall be conferred upon any person who pays the required registration fee or any person who registers for a Society event (e.g., meeting, course, or workshop; however, monthly Society luncheons are not considered events) and/or.
Duration of membership shall be one year from the date of registration. Where an existing member registers for a Society event their membership shall be automatically extended so it ends one year after the date of that event.
Members shall receive the monthly or bi-monthly newsletter via electronic mail, access to event proceedings, reference material from the Managing Company and from outside sources and be eligible to participate in Society activities such as surveys (questions and results), committees, luncheons, discussion groups, working groups, webinars, and publishing papers with affiliated journals.
Members shall be notified by the Managing Company when their membership is due to expire, and they shall be offered a one-year extension by paying membership dues or by registering for a Society event. Following the end of of the membership, where membership has not been renewed it shall be automatically lapsed. The Managing Company will contact lapsed members for three years to renew their membership. Lapsed members will still be able to login to the Produced Water Society website but will not be able to access member only content.
Membership in the Society following attendance of a Society event is given gratis – event attendees may reject membership in the Society, but no amount of their registration fees is apportioned to membership dues; therefore, a partial refund for rejecting membership cannot be obtained.
Refunds may be obtained in some cases when a member mistakenly pays registration fees in addition to the membership granted with attendance to a Society event. Apart from this we will not normally refund membership dues unless there are extenuating circumstances.Terms and Conditions for the use of the Produced Water Society Website www.producedwatersociety.com
The following terms and conditions apply to users of the Produced Water Society website (PWS) website – hereafter, Website. The Website is the property of the Produced Water Society. The Website url www.producedwatersociety.com is registered to, and the property of, Media Analytics Ltd and is managed on behalf of the Produced Water Society.
By registering for membership to the Produced Water Society and thereby gaining access to the Website including member only sections and/or by accessing the website as a non-member (referred to below as other user) you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions currently prevailing. It will be made clear in the text below which terms and conditions relate specifically to members and which include other users.
- The Produced Water Society (the Society) reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and will notify members of the Society in writing or by email of any such changesTerms and conditions are also published on the website and will be updated with any changes as soon as they are made. The Terms and Conditions page should therefore be checked regularly by all users for any changes.Continued usage of the Website subsequent to a change in the terms and conditions and its notification either in writing or by publication on the Website constitutes acceptance of the new terms and conditions.
- The information members supply on first registration shall be accurate and complete and members will notify the Society of any changes to this information in a timely manner. The Produced Water Society accepts no responsibility for losses as a result of updated member information not being advised to the Society in a timely manner.
- Members will not disclose their log-in details to non-members to allow them to gain access to the member only sections of the Website and non-members shall not use member login details gained in any way to access member only sections of the website.
- Any single computer may be used to access the website ‘member only’ content at any time, so long as that connection does not allow any other computer, networked or otherwise connected, to access ‘member only’ content.
- The Website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and the Produced Water Society gives no warranty that the Website will be accessible by any particular browser, operating system or device.
- The Produced Water Society accepts no liability for any damages, losses or costs incurred by members as a result of access to the Website being interrupted or the Website being modified or discontinued.
- All content, including papers, articles, reviews, essays and images published on the website, except where another copyright holder is specifically attributed or credited, remain the property of the Produced Water Society. Save for such material taken for strictly personal use, members and other users may not download, store, disseminate, republish, reproduce or translate such material in whole or in part in any form without the prior written permission of a Director of the Produced Water Society, and including full source credit.
- Where another copyright holder is specifically attributed or credited members and other users may not download, store, disseminate, republish, reproduce or translate such images in whole or in part in any form without the prior permission of the attributed or credited copyright holder. The Produced Water Society does not undertake to supply contact details of any attributed or credit copyright holder.
- The Produced Water Society gives no warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of any information available on the Website including but not limited to papers, articles, essays and reviews or material supplied by third parties and accepts no liability for any losses, damages and costs incurred as a consequence of relying on such materials.
- The Produced Water Society gives no guarantee of the accuracy or reliability of any material contained in sites linked to the Website and accepts no liability for any losses, damages and costs incurred as a consequence of relying on materials published in such linked sites.
- In the event of a chat room, message board, forum and/or news group being set up on the Website, The Produced Water Society will give no guarantee of the accuracy, reliability, originality or decency of material posted by users. The persons posting material accept full responsibility for ensuring that it is accurate and not obscene, defamatory, plagiarised or in breach of copyright or confidentiality and agree to compensate The Produced Water Society in full for any claims, losses, damages and costs it may incur as a result of the posting of such material. The Produced Water Society will reserve the right to remove at any time without notice or explanation any material it considers in breach of these conditions. The Produced Water Society reserves the right to disclose the provenance of such material, republish it in any form it deems fit or censor it.
- Any email services supplied via the Website are subject to these terms and conditions.
- Members and other users of the website will not knowingly transmit any viruses, malware or other harmful matter to the Website.
- The Produced Water Society makes every effort to ensure the Website is free from viruses, malware or other harmful matter but accepts no liability for any damages, losses or costs resulting from damage to the members or other users computers resulting from access to the Website or from downloading material from the Website.
- The Website contains advertisements and promotional links to websites and other resources operated by third parties. While we would never knowingly link to a site which we believed to be trading in bad faith, The Produced Water Society accepts no liability for any damages, losses or costs incurred by members or other users as a result of access to such websites and resources, and it takes no responsibility for the content, privacy practices, goods or services offered by these websites and resources. Any transaction effected with such a third party contacted via the Website is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the third party involved and The Produced Water Society accepts no responsibility or liability resulting from such transactions.
If the Produced Water Society considers that these terms and conditions have been breached, membership and member access to the website will be terminated and if substantial loss results legal action may be taken to obtain appropriate compensation.
These terms and conditions do not affect your Statutory Rights under US law.
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions of use described here please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org